Building Shave Horses

A local community group commissioned me to produce a couple of shave horses for them to use in their woodland.

I completed them in 3 days in early summer from a mixture of Sweet Chestnut, Ash and Hazel I had cut in the Winter. The finished horses were then flooded with linseed oil to seal them against moisture.

The finished shavehorses

The finished shavehorses

2013-01-30 14.59.54

The clients were very happy to recieve them.

If you are interested in commissioning Green Woodwork pieces, or want to learn coppicing, bushcraft or green woodwork skills then please contact me at gregh@futuretracks.co.uk

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: